Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I am 70. My mother is 97. My brother is in his early 60.

Customer Question

I am 70. My mother is 97. My brother is in his early 60. Mother suffered a heart attack. My brother who lives with her didn't bother to tell me. He has beaten me up in the past and the Bellevue police have a record of it. I went to see my doctor and she reported his abuse. Mother cannot drive but I would like to see her. My brother has threatened to really do me in this time. I need advice.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: This is mainly in Bellevue Nebraska, right now. I live in Iowa but have access to visit my mother. But my brother is the problem. I did take a friend with me when she was in convalescing but my friend won't go with me again to my mother's home because he scared her.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not this time.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am scared for my mother. She has two more sons, one in Texas, one in Washington state, who are not getting information either.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Does brother live with her in her house?

.

Has she been declared legally or medically incompetent by a judge or her doctors so she needs a legal guardian?

.

What is your ultimate goal here?

.

.

thanks