RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
8534270

Have a question about conflict of interest in my wife's

Customer Question

Have a question about conflict of interest in my wife's divorce attorney as well as several of the people she's planning on calling as a witness. Her divorce attorneys Law Firm tried to sue my wife and I about 8 years ago but now he is her divorce attorney. As well as one of the witnesses she is planning on calling is my youngest daughter's preschool teacher who happens to teach with her attorney's wife.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Ohio
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes we go to court next week for temporary issues or whatever they are called. My attorney on vacation this week sor I don't know who to ask
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: She is digging so hard to find dirt on me yet she is the one having the affair. I am trying to resolve the marriage. I don't want it to end yet her heart elsewhere. My oldest is 12 can he have any say in custody
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 3 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

This may well be a conflict and it goes really to bias and credibility as far as the witnesses.Your lawyer can object that they are bias and lack credibility.Certainly these are good points, the judge may disallow them totally or parts of testimony.Your lawyer should be all over this and hopefully can address this with proper objections.Thats why you hire lawyer here to raise these very valuable objections.I hope he will do this on your behalf.The lawyer may also have objections to the lawyers conflict of interests as well.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.I wish you the best here.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.