Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

In divorce settlement my spouse was awarded cash with

Customer Question

in divorce settlement my spouse was awarded cash with interest for her portion of home. I did not have to put it up for sale just pay a certain amount with interest when the younges child becomes 18 or leave the home. my younges daughter is 15 and went to live with spouse, I also have another child by same spouse who is 16 and still in school. after divorce I had another child with disabilities,who also shares same home. I am unable to pay this debt, what will happen.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge of just $9 more I can offer you a personal phone conference during which there is no limitation on the number of questions you can ask of me, as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Was your child, born after the divorce, the natural child of your ex?

2. As the youngest child is not yet 18 how do you know you cannot pay the agreed-on amount?

3. When you entered into the agreement, how did you plan to pay it? Have your financial circumstances changed?

4. How many of your children from your ex presently live with you?

Thanks in advance,

Doug

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
you responded with questions , I just paid 40 for questions.. please answer my question
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

I responded with requests for additional information so I can give you a solid answer. I need the additional information in order to formulate a proper answer for you. This has nothing to do with what you paid.