How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11515
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a Daughter with my ex girl friend and I'm scared she

Customer Question

I have a Daughter with my ex girl friend and I'm scared she is going to leave the state with my child without my permission what can I do
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: Oklahoma
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: NO
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: just don't want to lose my kid
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 19 days ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 19 days ago.

I am sorry to hear about what you are going through. Is there any type of custody order in place?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
no sir
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
no phone call
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 19 days ago.

Thank you for the reply. When there is no custody order in place, through the court and a parent is scared that their child will be removed from the State, an emergency motion needs to be filed with the court, so the Judge can order that 1) the child remain in the State while the matter is pending and 2) can decide, issue and order visitation or even custody, if it is in the best interest of the child. As the father, you do have rights and would first need to establish paternity and then can ask the Judge to order visitation or custody

Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 16 days ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

Related Family Law Questions