jb156200
jb156200, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a licensed practicing attorney in Tampa, Florida.
70397729

Thanks for your previous answer jb! Follow-up question if I

Customer Question

Thanks for your previous answer jb! Follow-up question if I may: The trust (very old) doesn't mention *email* notice of withdrawal rights.
Q: That being the case, 1) Can the trustee nevertheless request consent from the beneficiaries to receive their notices of withdrawal rights by email? and 2)can the trustee's request itself be conveyed by email to the beneficiaries?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  jb156200 replied 5 months ago.

Hello again! The answer to both of your questions is yes. The key is when you use email, you want to make sure you have a receipt or some type of proof of the email being sent and received. When sending an email you want to choose the option in which you request the recipient acknowledge receipt of the email. When you do that you will have a time stamp of when the email was sent and also a time stamped receipt of when the email was opened and read.