Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Tina.. I am the maternal grandmother to a 14 yr old grandson

Customer Question

Hi, Tina. My name is***** I am the maternal grandmother to a 14 yr old grandson whose biological father who has sole custody of him has locked out of his apartment. He is with me now. The officers who met us at the apt suggested that I try to get custody. He is in a bad neighborhood, locked out in an unstable environment. I don't know where to start. Can you help me, please.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Texas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Only reports to police (Harris County Sheriff's office). The had to go so we could get in to get clothes, books, etc
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: What type of information?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 6 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review your inquiry. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Maverick replied 6 months ago.

Is the child's mother able to still apply for custody?

Expert:  Maverick replied 6 months ago.

I know you sent this to Tina. Did you want to wait for her or did you want me to try to assist you?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
you may assist me
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
she could, but Joshua's living situation would not be any better. She is unemployed, living with a man who is supposedly on disabilty, they are low income, have no car and no means to get Joshua where he may need to go and would have the means to really give him even what he needs. I am very disappointed in my daughter's choice of lifestyle and her unwillingness to improve. His father believes everything his new wife tells him much of which doesn't appear to be truthful.