RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
8534270

My 13 y/o twin granddaughters are part of a custody battle

Customer Question

my 13 y/o twin granddaughters are part of a custody battle ...with a trial set down for July ...they wish to live with their mother...they will be 14 in March...the court has previously heard that the girls are living with their fathers addiction to porn ..but dismissed it out of hand as the father denied it ...girls have been to frightened to speak up to either their lawyer or family consultant....they are ready now ...it has become too much for them to deal with ..obviously can't tell their lawyer as she shares info between all parties ...whom can the children speak too ....
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: Sth Aust.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: yes ...my daughter had one ...but she didn't speak up in court ..let the fathers lawyer run rings around her ..so judge never got the whole story..
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am the girls maternal grandmother..I reported the father to the police last Dec ..they referred it to Families SA ...the girls had discussed the porn with me ....they didn't think it was a high priority..
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 9 days ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 9 days ago.

You need to report it again to Families SA.

If you are concerned about a child and have a reasonable suspicion that a child is being abused or neglected, phone the Child Abuse Report Line (CARL) 131 478.

The report line is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

They will interview the children again and take action here to protect them.

I appreciate the chance to help and wish you the best here.