Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 plus years of experience.
17897874

My dad and step mom have power of attorney of my five year

Customer Question

my dad and step mom have power of attorney of my five year old daughter. I just found out that my dad is getting charges pressed on him from my sister for mental and physical abuse. I want to get my daughter back but i dont know how to do that. They live in Texas and i want to do it the correct way
JA: Can you tell me what state this is in? Have any charges been officially filed?
Customer: Im in Colorado and My dad and daughter are in texas.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not yet. My sister is currently in a mental ward right now. They diagnosed her with serve PTSD due to my dad. It was reported to her doctor and psychiatrist. They are filing next week.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just want to know how i can get my daughter back because i dont want her to live in that type of situation.
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Loren replied 9 days ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 9 days ago.

A POA is revocable at any time by the person who gives it or it can terminate by its own terms.

If you gave a POA to take care temporarily of your daughter then you can just go and get her. Give them a letter stating that you revoke the POA. That is all you need to do.