RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
8534270

Is a background check required for artificial insemination

Customer Question

Is a background check required for artificial insemination in the state of CA?
My soon to be ex-wife fraudulently filled out paperwork (stating she was single and not married) in order to receive artificial insemination without the consent of her husband. Would I have any case if I sue the medical clinic for damages?
Submitted: 5 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 5 days ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 5 days ago.

California does not require them to verify say marital status.You would be able to challenge paternity if you question who the father here is .That would eliminate it from any divorce since it is not your child.I mean they likely ask for drivers license and other information but no requirement to verify they are single rather than married.I agree with you the law should change but it is not currently required.

I am sure that this is a scary thing for you and a real trust issue.These are the kinds of things that cause divorces unfortunately.The wife here is the real problem, she apparently tried to do this without your consent and I am assuming would have claimed it to be yours.I am so sorry that you are having to deal with this.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.

Thanks again

If you can positive rate it is much appreciated.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 5 days ago.

Divorce lawyer here

call the State Bar of California at
(866)(###) ###-####/a>

Thanks again.