Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My ex husband used libel, defamation of character as well as

Customer Question

My ex husband used libel, defamation of character as well as publicly presented my personal medical conditions, sexual orientation and religion to an open court without any type of permission. The estate was worth approximately $1.000.000 and my support has been constantly lowered from $3600/month to $2,500/month, with no change in circumstance. In addition his girlfriend purposefully agitated our marital problems, the goal was to cause the divorce.I have evidence of his erratic and harmful behavior, and desire to make the divorce as long as possible to attempt to bankrupt me, lose my attorney and have the decision go to him. I did IN fact lose my attorney when he convinced me that he would reconcile our 14.5 yr marriage. He had already cleared out our accounts, and I have been unemployed for 13 years due to illness. The moment I closed the case, he filed, as he was told the person who files first has the upper hand and will win more often. He also knew that I did not have the funds to rehire an attorney, let alone file my response to his summons. He told me he will spend every red cent he had to ensure I was bankrupt and on the streets, if I couldn't be killed. He decided to attempt "Murder by Suicide", and it almost worked. I attempted suicide 2x after he left. He was well aware of the multitude of psychiatric and physical disabilities from severe abuse as a child in the foster care system in California.My psychiatrist and psychologist have confirmed the list of mental disorders I suffer from, as well as the extent of damage to my already existing disorders as a direct result of the divorce. My ex used it as a way to publicly humiliate me, and succeeded in evicting me from our marital home, stripping me of friends and family, and increase his status.I am living FAR below the standard of living I had while married to him. He is well aware of the the multitude of illnesses I suffer from, and in fact myPCP provided a statement at the very beginning of the proceedings, that states point blank that I am unable to work, and or maintain gainful employment due to my extensive illnesses. The judge statement was, "I do not find you a credible witness, and you're just going to have to work in pain." at which point I had a full clinical psychotic break, as witnessed bya ll court employees, my ex, his fiancé, and their attorney who ALL laughed and began taunting me in the waiting area just outside of the court room. I refused medical treatment as I have a fear of the standard of care provided. my caretaker took me home, and by Dr orders, administered sedatives, and kept me sleeping for 2 days before deeming I was safe to come to.I have proof of my claims. I do not have the funds to hire an attorney, and need to know the best and most advantages approach to a lawsuit for permanent damage done to my psyche, as well as public image.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to help if I can. Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct any necessary research, and type a response. Thank you.

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hi again.

Do you have any specific questions? I just want to make sure that I understand what legal information you are seeking. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I want to sue for damages. I've already been told that attempting an appeal would be costly and would fail. He broke ATROS by selling all property before judgement. Disclosing my personal and Medical information (incorrectly) caused extreme emotional issues. He posted a copy of the Temporary Order of Support to Facebook, then under posted a 3 paragraph rant about my mental issues. A month later I was angry and retaliated by reposting the information. Immediately his attorney issued a cease and desist, and was ordered to remove it immediately. I was also fined for the posting.Over the last 3.5 years I have been in constant fear of his next move. The trial is finally complete. I have not been able to work, and yet continue to lower my support. His gross monthly is $15,000.00 he also sold over $125,000 of stock 2 months after leaving, from which I was awarded none.I want to return to school. There are few jobs I can get, as I have body modifications (plastic surgeries and large visible tattoos, plus multiple SEVERE medical issues such as Renal Failure) that he bought for me prior to our divorce. It has greatly diminished my ability to even look for work. I'm hoping to do online therapy, via skype. I am no longer able to drive due to an ER nurse overdosing me with Haldol. The damage is permanent.The atrocities I continue to be riddled with by him are extremely damaging. He's addicted to being rich, and popular. I've never seen any financial documents. I had copies of our joint account which revealed $4000+/monthly on alcohol alone. He stated he can not afford to pay me more than $2000/month.
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hi again.

I reviewed what you wrote, but do not see any questions for me. Do you have any?