RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
18284290

I have audio recordings of my girlfriend yelling threatening

Customer Question

I have audio recordings of my girlfriend yelling threatening and hitting me . i was begging for her to let me go. What do I do
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 12 days ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. I am reviewing your question and will reply back shortly.

Good afternoon,

Can you clarify your question please? What do you mean by "what do I do?" Are you wanting to file a police report against your girlfriend? Are you worried she might against you?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
She threatens ti call the law and say i hit her she has already got me once on a bogas dv charge i got defirred so she wants to mess with the deffirrment... Hince the reason i stood there arms crossed let her throw me around by my hoodie and hit me while i had my phone on voice record while she had me blocked into the corner with no exit. I called lawenforcement after i got out of the house and told the officer what had happened. He didnt want to hear the recording. I asked what he was going to do and he asked for her address and that he would file a report and take care of it. A couple hours later he added her as a friend on facebook and has since been liking posts that are meant to dog me and photos of her in skimpy clothing trying to make me want her.

Thank you for your reply.

I think you need to hold onto the recording because you may still be able to use it should she later file something. Without evidence of domestic violence -things like photographs or video of injuries, a medical report documenting injury, etc. I think it would already be hard for a prosecutor to establish that she was a victim of DV, however.

You don't say when this happened, but I think you also need to follow up with the police station to see if a police report was filed (you should be entitled to a copy as a party to the complaint). It sounds like that officer didn't do anything. If there's no police report, you can ask that one be taken, just be aware that if the police find probable cause that she attacked you, she can be arrested for that.

Are you wanting her to avoid contact with you now? You can look into getting a protective order against her so that she is not permitted contact or communication with her as well.

I don't know specifically want you want to accomplish, so I'm giving you a variety of information, but please feel free to reply and give more information if I may be of further assistance, I am more than happy to help!

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
How do i go about getting a protection order?

Sorry for the slight delay in my response - I had to step away briefly.

You can get the forms from the Court Clerk to file for an Order. More information on the process can be found on the Nebraska Courts website.

Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 11 days ago.

Just checking in to see if there was any additional information you needed about this matter? Anything I could clarify about my answer?

If not, please remember to leave a positive rating by clicking on the stars at the top of the page so that I am credited for my time and assistance. Thank you.