RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
8534270

I won custody of my children in Sep 16, I have some

Customer Question

I won custody of my children in Sep 16, I have some questions regarding the order and new circumstances,
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 15 days ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I just added the judgement for you to look over

Thanks give me a minute to do so.

Ask away here I have read your judgment..

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you! Okay so I have a few;
1. How does the parenting work if she moves here. She seems to think we will have shared parenting and we don't agree. The kids mother does not lead a healthy lifestyle and we do not want the progress we have made to regress.
2. The last line of the judgement says all cost are to be split equally or something like that, what does that mean?
3. How do I get the current judgment switches to my state. Especially if she moves here.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
She also hasn't paid any child support or any of the monies awarded to us. What should my. Eat step be?

. How does the parenting work if she moves here. She seems to think we will have shared parenting and we don't agree. The kids mother does not lead a healthy lifestyle and we do not want the progress we have made to regress.

Relocation here has no effect you got custody she got visitation thats it.Your big fear is kidnapping and she leaves the country or just disappears.I see it all the time.

She has to pay have the costs of court.Court can sue her to collect.

Give it a year in new location and file where you are at. You would do this only if you have a need to, once a year has passed the other court has lost jurisdiction.I fear for you this mother appears to have mental and other issues.

I wish you the best here with the kids and the mother.

You can terminate her rights here or move to deny visitation based on her failure to pay support.Maybe in a year or so you consider that.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Costs of the court? How do we know or determine this amount?

You could write the court and ask what the bill was that was to be split, they will have bill of fees here.