Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Can someone who has a child in cps custody due to child

Customer Question

Can someone who has a child in cps custody due to child being born with complications due to drugs have another child in their possession that hasn't been with or has lived with a grandparent in another state for over 14 months
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: Mother in Missouri her baby in cps custody there I live in texas and have had her older child for over 14 months
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Yes I'm trying to get custody but Texas is hard with grandparents rights
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just how can I keep her from getting the child I have possession of in texas
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry, but I do not understand your post.

Kindly review, edit, properly identify the parties and your issues, ask specific question(s), and resubmit.

Thank you for your cooperation,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i have had my grandson for over 14 months living with me in texas. his mother lives in missouri and has recently had a child born with complications due to her being on drugs while pregnant and cps has the child. i am in texas trying to get custody of my grandson (her older child) can she get my grandson being as she has a new born baby in cps due to drugs

Thank you for the information.

I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I was offline when you responded to my information request.

Kindly give me a few minutes to review your post and prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

It is unlikely that the Court would let her take the child away from you in light of her substance abuse issue.

In your custody case, you have to tell the Court about her issues and the fact that her newborn is in CPS custody because of her substance abuse issue. You also need to let the Court know that the child has been in your custody for 14 months now.

Goodluck with your case,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok thank you

You are quite Welcome!

Kindly take a minute and use the popup screen to give a 5-star rating to my response so that I can receive proper credit for addressing your concerns. There is no additional cost to you for giving a 5-star rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.