How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31025
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Sydonna I am a resident of Florida and have a 12 year old

Customer Question

Sydonna I am a resident of Florida and have a 12 year old son. Currently working as a travel nurse. Can my spouse use that to take my minor child
Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My husband of ten years stated if I did not contribute more to household finances he would be filing for a divorce
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 14 days ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

If you were to divorce, the fact that you travel for work and are away from home a considerable amount of time certainly could hurt your chance of being awarded primary custody.

Expert:  Roger replied 14 days ago.

You certainly can overcome that circumstance and convince the judge that you're still the best person to have custody of the child.

Expert:  Roger replied 14 days ago.

In order to do this, you'd need to show that despite your job, you're still the best choice as the custodial parent.

Related Family Law Questions