Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

Sydonna I am a resident of Florida and have a 12 year old

Customer Question

Sydonna I am a resident of Florida and have a 12 year old son. Currently working as a travel nurse. Can my spouse use that to take my minor child
Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My husband of ten years stated if I did not contribute more to household finances he would be filing for a divorce
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 4 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

If you were to divorce, the fact that you travel for work and are away from home a considerable amount of time certainly could hurt your chance of being awarded primary custody.

Expert:  Roger replied 4 months ago.

You certainly can overcome that circumstance and convince the judge that you're still the best person to have custody of the child.

Expert:  Roger replied 4 months ago.

In order to do this, you'd need to show that despite your job, you're still the best choice as the custodial parent.