Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My sister is trying to bully me to sign legal papers

Customer Question

My sister is trying to bully me to sign legal papers concerning my mother's estate.My mother recently passed on 11/23/16 and my sister has confinscated my mother's last Will and Testament 9from my mother's home) where I am named as executrix-she refuses to give me the Will to probate and set up an estate account for my mother's estate. Instead she has decided to give the Will to her lawyer, without my consent, and demanded that I meet him at the courthouse to sign papers, although she did not specify what those papers involve and when I asked her why she didn't give me the Will she became angry and started yelling like an animal and accussing me of being paranoid and insane,etc. By law I must have the Will and yet she refuses to recognize my position as executrix. She is basically trying to intimidate me into doing what she wants regardless of my legal rights. She also claims that my brother who does not live in the state of the deceased has already probated the Will ,with a photo copy of the document and that he had the authority to give her equal power to the executrix because he is the named executor. She is verbally abusive and refuses to regard me with respect-she also uses slander to humiliate and degrade my family.
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 15 days ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Expert:  JD 1992 replied 15 days ago.

Is there a specific question with which I could assist?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Write your reply here...
25 November 2016 03:33My sister is trying to bully me to sign...
My sister is trying to bully me to sign legal papers concerning my mother's estate.My mother recently passed on 11/23/16 and my sister has confinscated my mother's last Will and Testament 9from my mother's home) where I am named as executrix-she refuses to give me the Will to probate and set up anestate account for my mother's estate. Instead she has decided to give the Will to her lawyer, without my consent, and demanded that I meet him at the courthouse to sign papers, although she did not specify what those papers involve and when I asked her why she didn't give me the Will she became angry and started yelling like an animal and accussing me of being paranoid and insane,etc. By law I must have the Will and yet she refuses to recognize my position as executrix. She is basically trying to intimidate me into doing what she wants regardless of my legal rights. She also claims that my brother who does not live in the state of the deceased has already probated the Will ,with a photo copy of the document and that he had the authority to give her equal power to the executrix because he is the named executor. She is verbally abusive and refuses to regard me with respect-she also uses slander to humiliate and degrade my family.25 November 2016 03:33
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 15 days ago.

I understand your facts, what specific question do you have?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
what do I do toprotect myself and my mother's estate?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Is this site a rip off ? Where's my answer?
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 15 days ago.

I'm going to opt out of this one.