JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer
Experience:  Began practicing Family Law in 1992
11068102

If i signed a settlement agreement with my school district

Customer Question

If i signed a settlement agreement with my school district as oppose to proceeding with a 3020a hearing can i get out of that agreement.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Expert:  JD 1992 replied 5 months ago.

Are you asking if it is possible to withdraw from a settlement agreement?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 5 months ago.

Yes, it is often possible to withdraw from a settlement agreement if it hasn't been entered as an order of the court yet. If it has been entered as an order of the court then it is easier to withdraw if it is done before 30 days have passed.

Expert:  JD 1992 replied 5 months ago.

Normally you have to present some kind of reason to the court, the most common being some type of misrepresentation.

I am about to sign off for the evening but will be back online in the morning if you have any additional questions.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered.