JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer
Experience:  Began practicing Family Law in 1992
11068102

When you get 2nd time married in las vegas it says you don't

Customer Question

when you get 2nd time married in las vegas it says you don't need to show the decree you just need the final date when they file the marriage license do they check the date on divorce records to see if you are really divorced? I lost my decree but im pretty sure of the date but not positive ? will my marriage still be leagal i was divorced in 1996
JA: No. Was it good? Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: i live in california but getting married in las vegas nv
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: on my divorce?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Expert:  JD 1992 replied 2 months ago.

Does who check the divorce records?

Also, are you asking if you still still be married if you put the wrong date in the marriage license application?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no I am divorced lost my decree and am kinda sure when it was finalized for the new marriage license is that good enough to get married in las vegas nv will my new marriage go thu ok ?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
forget it its costing me too much for this cancel everything thank you i will find out another way please dont charge me
i didnt know it would cost so much to ask.