P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including family law.
11181181

My mom passed away with no will. Her estate has been in

Customer Question

My mom passed away with no will. Her estate has been in probate for 2 years now. She has 3 children. My brother passed away 2 weeks ago. Does his wife get his share or does his share go to me and my sister?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 4 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Under CA law his wife will receive his share.

This is the part of my job I don't like...when the law is not in favor of my customer. I wish I could tell you that you and your sister will receive this money but I can only provide you information based on the law so that you can act on the best available information to you...I wish I had better news, but can only hope you recognize and understand my predicament and don't shoot the messenger. I'm sorry!

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.