Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My grandson is in custody of aunt. Had him visit twice a

Customer Question

My grandson is in custody of aunt. Had him visit twice a week Now are not allowed to have because got in trouble at school a monthago
JA: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Oklahoma. Cherokee nation. I have the brother with me. Mother has done everything theyask
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: I don't have a down arrow
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No. They just now told us we can't have him for thanksgiving and his big brothers birthday
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The boys was taking from her temperaally. I have one and the Aunt took the youngest. But in time, I think cause its almost time for the mother to get them back March. She acted very different. We get to see him less less. Like the whole family is being punished. We just don't understand. The Mom has stipulation but we shouldn't
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 12 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me:

1) Is the custody set through an Oklahoma civil court, or, via a Native American Court?

2) Did you have a visitation order with the child, or not?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.