Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

DAughter involved with a child custody case .......... judge

Customer Question

DAughter involved with a child custody case .......... judge Gorcyca ...... could not have gone more wrong......... she never got to explain. How ever .... she has to come up with 20000 or be put in jail . she is out of work ..... she was told she has to come up with the money or be put in jail. What can she do???? Does not make sense .... if in jail ....... not working and can never come up with the money. We do not have it ... of course if we did we would not want her in jail. What can we do. We are on a fixed income .......... my husbad has PD and we are heart broken.
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 10 days ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Why does she have to pay $20,000? Why is there a custody issue, what is going on?
Have you contacted legal aid for your daughter and also the state bar pro bono program?