Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Well my father has been in the hospital which his 5 adult

Customer Question

well my father has been in the hospital which his 5 adult children did not know for about 15 days,we knew nothing about because of this woman who is not licenced that has latched herself onto him. Do we have any rights? the VA hosp. will not give infor on him because we do not have some type of code
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no I don't know where to begin
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: just what are our rights
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ely replied 15 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me:

1) What state is this in?

2) Is she claiming that they are "common law" married? Or, no/not sure?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
we are in Florida, and no she is nothing to him except an unlicenced care giver, who we believe is robbing him blind. she wont let him talk to any of his children. He is 85 right now he is in the VA hospital in Gainesville FL. We are wondering do we have any rights reguarding his care?