LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced Family Law Attorney
63726236

What is a proper way to answer to a summons concerning

Customer Question

What is a proper way to answer to a summons concerning termination of parental rights?
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 20 days ago.

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Expert:  LegalGems replied 20 days ago.

Is this being made by the other parent?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
it is. Mt ex is trying to take my son away after keeping him from me for over a 1 year now.
Expert:  LegalGems replied 19 days ago.

I am sorry to hear this;

basically one needs to file a response, refuting the allegations and the grounds (grounds are listed in statute here)

examples of cases are here:

https://www.courts.state.wy.us/Documents/CJP/TrainingDocs/Handout_2013LawUpdate.pdf

also please see this attorney guide:

https://www.courts.state.wy.us/Documents/CJP/Publications/Practice_Guidelines_for_Attorneys_Representing_Parents_in_Abuse_Neglect_and_TPRs.pdf

It is best to hire an attorney as the response is not a standard form but rather needs to be custom drafted; a party can request that the other parent pay legal fees if they are financially more well off.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. Thank you and take care.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Ok so I was wrong it was a petition for readoption of my son. I have not lost or had my parental rights terminated. So how is it they are even considering a readoption without a terminations of rights?
Expert:  LegalGems replied 17 days ago.

Per code 1-22-109, both parents' consent is required; this can be obtained prior to, or during, an adoption proceeding; so presumably the adoption papers are being filed, and during that process a request is being made for consent/termination. The unwilling parent can object as it is their constitutional right to do so.

Expert:  LegalGems replied 14 days ago.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;
if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answer.
Thanks!