Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with experience in family law.
26798026

How can i find out if my husband has a child with another

Customer Question

How can i find out if my husband has a child with another women
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: Lou ky
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Louisville ky
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No lawyer
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I was wondering if there was a way I could find out on line.we live in lou.Ky and have girls
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 11 days ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Unfortunately, there is no online database that allows a person to search birth records with only the father's name. The only way Kentucky will release a birth certificate is if you have the name of the child, the name of both parents, and the date and county of birth. The request is mailed to the state, and they'll send you a reply within 30 days.

http://chfs.ky.gov/dph/vital/birthcert.htm

And, of course, that would only work if your husband's name is ***** ***** birth certificate, which it wouldn't necessarily be. If you have reason to believe your husband isn't being honest with you, then the next step is either to talk to the woman you believe he may have had a child with or consider hiring a private investigator.

I apologize that this was probably not the Answer you were hoping to receive. However, it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information. I hope you understand. Please rate my answer positively to ensure I am paid for the time I spent answering your question. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. Thank you.

Good luck.

Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 10 days ago.

Do you have any other questions about this?