LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced Family Law Attorney
63726236

MY XWIFE CAN AND TOOK MY TRUCK

Customer Question

MY XWIFE CAN AND TOOK MY TRUCK
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 2 months ago.

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

I am very sorry to hear this;

there are 2 options:

1. to sue in court for civil relief- ie for an injunction ordering the return of the truck, or the fair market value cash payment

2. to file a police report alleging theft.

that statute is here:

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displaycode?section=pen&group=00001-01000&file=484-502.9

Please note that the position of one as a former spouse does not lessen the severity of this crime.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. Thank you and take care.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
How can I get it back

By filing a motion in court - requesting an injunction ordering the party to return it. If they fail to comply with the court order the court can hold them in contempt-which may include daily fines, the award of legal fees, even jail time.

Or reporting it to the police and they may recover the vehicle during their investigation.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
LET ME REFRASE THIS WE GOT DEVOICE SHE PUT DOWN HER THINGS NOT MINE I HAD NOTHING TO CONTEST SHE HAD HER AND I HAD MINE THINE BUT THE TRUCK IS BUT BOTH OF OUR NAME IS***** .AND THE TRUCK IS MY ONLY NEANS OF TRANPORTATION CAN I GET IT BACK

If the divorce did not address the truck then unfortunately the divorce needs to be reopened so that the court can determine who should be entitled to it; I am sorry there is no other option unless the parties agree which is not common in a divorce.

Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 month ago.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;
if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answer.
Thanks!