Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
18215332

What do I need to do to perform a deposition in Arizona in

Customer Question

What do I need to do to perform a deposition in Arizona in my custody case and how do I get the other party to show up? Can I record it myself?
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 18 days ago.

Arizona has a specific rule for taking depositions in family law cases. It is far too lengthy to summarize in this format. You can find the text of the rule here: https://govt.westlaw.com/azrules/Document/N75E011C06AC611DCB66FA443EDDDC4F9?viewType=FullText&originationContext=documenttoc&transitionType=CategoryPageItem&contextData=(sc.Default)

As far as recording it yourself, see section B-4.

I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would love a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
from what I'm reading, I don't have to subpoena someone for a deposition if they're a party to the case...just give 10 days notice....and that if it is going to be done by means other than a court recorder it has to be agreed upon by both parties. Correct?
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 17 days ago.

Yes, that's also the way I read it. If the other party still refuses to attend after notice, then you have to file a motion to compel and obtain an order for the appearance.