Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

If proven, Is there any legal action for a child that is now

Customer Question

If proven , Is there any legal action for a child that is now 26 that was told mine paid full child support is not mine ? Yea I am going to try to do the " DNA " test . Don't know if I should open up that " Can of Worms ". Been through a lot THANK YOU FOR YOUR THOUGHTS!❤️
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 7 months ago.

If the other parent knowingly defrauded you then you have a very valid claim for fraud against them.

If you have any additional questions just let me know otherwise a positive rating would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
sorry it took me awhile to get back to you! Thank you for your quick response. Please 1 more question. I have documented proof i have over PAID around 10 k in child Support to Maryland . Is it possible to get it back ?Again THANK YOU !!

That would be part of your damages, then yes very possibly but again you have to prove she knowingly defrauded you and that it was not just a mistake.