Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I have a friend who speak Spanish only and her husband

Customer Question

I have a friend who speak Spanish only and her husband bi lingual is rich said divorce in english. she was not explained what they told her to sign. but you are divorce no court. no chance no consent. is that possble,he also got sick soon after in care of new lady who was rumored to have hit and put him in comma he died.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: chula vista ca
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i think she is still married and it was illegally done he was also ex millitary
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 15 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** *****

Thank you for your question.

I will be happy to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Do you have a legal question that I can answer for you about the situation you have described in your post?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hi.

Hello.

What legal question do you have about the situation you have described?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I have a friend born in Mexico 69 but she looks 40 not flent on english at all but can pickup some took a course. Husband order milltary distingushed savy bilingulal in english and spanished big demolation business number 1 in San dieo and Mexico. He tells her he do like her any more wants more younger sexy woman.1st wife is dead. She had been good to him. He is sourounded by people who push her away then a lady tell her he is sick when she goes to see her husband and that he is not talking to you any more. She is comfused. An attorney ask her to sign a paper not teling her what for. She does not know whos attorney. Now in hind sight he could have been working for the woman. She gets a paper saying she is divorced not understanding. She us also told that her house is being sold more confuse. This is all in English. She also got calls from her husband i made a mistake. I am sorry. She hears that he is sick staff has kept her away.Then she hears from his nurse that the new wife killed him. Put her dauter from her previous marage as his born child and sold his prop. Is she still marrief and what is her time limit

Unfortunately, I don't think I would be able to further assist you, so I will opt-out of your question at no charge to you and will open your question up to the other JustAnswer.com legal professionals for review.

Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 15 days ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

Are you able to go to the courthouse and ask if there is a divorce case with her name on it?