Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I am at my wits end. My daughter has been owed child support

Customer Question

I am at my wits end. My daughter has been owed child support of up to $17,000. They arrested him finally in June, he was in jail about thirty minutes when his mother gave the court $5,000 for his bail. The prosecutor told her that was money that would go to her when the hearing was complete. She went to the next court date in Oct. which the father had sent a medical excuse for his absence. They would not release the money to her. The next court date was Nov. 17th which she attended (taking another day off of work) and the father did not show up again. The court refused to give her the money saying they had not been able to find the father. She called child support enforcement asking for assistance to retrieve the money telling them she was about to loose her car, which would mean no job. The CSE suggested she see a local church. I have been trying to help pay her child care but I no longer have the funds to help as I am on Social Security. We are in the state of Missouri, Clinton County courts. What can we do before my grandson and daughter are homeless?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Missouri
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: She has a case number ***** CSE
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My daughter has a reading disability and is unable to qualify for a better paying job.
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Father: Travis L. Whitt CSE case #***** Court Travis L. Whitt 2015 (15CN-R00462-ST V)
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 22 days ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your daughter's difficulty.

Since the father has not complied with the release bail, she should file Motion for the Court to turn over the $5,000.00 to her because she is in dire need of support. She can obtain blank Motion forms at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office.

Best wishes,