Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My friends wife has taken their child away and refuses to

Customer Question

My friends wife has taken their child away and refuses to give her location, she has a history of neglectful behaviors regarding the child's down syndrome and medical needs. The baby is only 1 year old. I don't know if my cousin has reported them missing yet, been 10 weeks. I think because he has been verbally abused by his estranged wife who has done this before,he thinks she might return and does not want to make situation worse. I feel we must report this in order to protect the baby and hopefully get him medical attention. I just learned of this last night. I don't want to cause more problems but i feel urgency to find this baby.
JA: Can you tell me what state this is in? And has the behavior been documented in any way?
Customer: Missouri, and no formal documentation that I am aware of. Just other family who has seen some of the neglect and a phone conversations where she screams things at my cousin,like " it is your fault that I am saddled with a downy." Very sad,
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: He is being very cautious and will not disclose if he's spoken to Lawyer or Police.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just want to find where to report and if I have enough info to report. And if I should urge him to report it.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. What exactly are you asking here, i.e. what is your question? For example - can they report this to CPS or police? Can he file a custody matter for this? Etc.

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
You just charged me $31.00 and did not answer me,only asked me another question. If you don't understand my request? I will be refuting these charges we are done hhere.his is a scam.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
This is a scam no you won't call me for 51.00 I'm reporting your company for fraud.
Expert:  Ely replied 3 months ago.
1) Sometimes, it is not clear what the customer (i.e. you) are asking, and that is indeed why I sent an information request. I specifically stated: This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance. I think I understand the situation a little better by re-reading "I just want to find where to report and if I have enough info to report. And if I should urge him to report it." That was the last sentence and I did not see it, at first.
2) I did not offer any phone call. The site offers this. The site allows the expert to opt out of the call request, and I normally decline so if you wanted it, another expert would have called you.
3) You can get a refund by contacting customer support. They are very friendly.
Good luck in your matter in dealing with Missouri Department of Social Services. I would have been happy to tell you what their standard for intake is and how such a call works, etc.
All the best.