Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I am wanting a letter sent to my husband for a divorce, he

Customer Question

I am wanting a letter sent to my husband for a divorce, he abandon me in July 2015 left me with no insurance or money, www don't own anything I just want him to send me 3000. And pay for the divorce the 3000 is for insurance that he left me without. Please let me know if you can help
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Indiana
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No just a letter to send to him and I will make him file he is in florida
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. JustAnswer experts generally do not create legal documents for customers. What I can do is to provide you with an example of what you seek, if you'd like. You can do with it what you will.

Let me know if this is acceptable.

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
please give me advise
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No please send me your advise I am at a place where I cannot talk
Expert:  Ely replied 5 months ago.
I had stated:
JustAnswer experts generally do not create legal documents for customers. What I can do is to provide you with an example of what you seek, if you'd like. You can do with it what you will.
Let me know if this is acceptable.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
This is acceptable
Expert:  Ely replied 5 months ago.
Okay.
Dear ____________,
This letter is to say that because we are no longer living together, perhaps it is a good idea to get divorced.
I can handle the filings and push through the divorce. All I ask you to do is to send me $____ for the fees associated with the filing and an attorney. I am also going to have to ask you to sign off on some documents later.
We have nothing in community property besides the following (list). I recommend we split it this way (list). The Court will push through an uncontested divorce (meaning, we agree on everything) much faster than a contested divorce.
Please let me know your thoughts.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.