How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31960
Experience:  30 plus years of experience.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Loren. I am going through a divorce and the magistrate

Customer Question

Hi Loren.
I am going through a divorce and the magistrate recommended that I move because I make too much and that my husband stay because he believed his story regarding abuse when it is clear through evidence that my husband is volital . He wants me out in 15 days. My spouse hid the recommendation from me causing me to have one day to respond and I filed a motion to extend and was denied. Does it sound as though filing a motion to vacate would get the judge to change his ruling bcuz it seems unfair without full financial disclosure that I can afford this move? Thank you for your help.
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.

You can and should file a motion to reconsider based upon the new evidence regarding finances and the fact that the information was hidden from you.