N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Experience:  since 1983
9653905

Peral I am reading the Article can I ask you question after

Customer Question

Hi Peral I am reading the Article can I ask you question after reading Article
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the lawyer to go over that information with you. Before I do, is there anything else you want him or her to know?
Customer: Are you in Georgia ?
JA: No. I'm the family lawyer's Assistant.
Customer: ok I haven't file divorce but just gathering info is this free consultation
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 19 days ago.

Do you have a question or do you just want general information about divorce laws in Georgia?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Hi Cal,I married in India and currently we both are working in USA for last 5-6 years. We are USA residence and not citizenIf we take divorce in GA, usa, is this only valid in usa? If we go back to India after usa divorce, can she open another divorce case in India?
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 18 days ago.

No, as long as both parties appear in the divorce case in the US, India should recognize the validity of the US divorce under the doctrine of comity.

"The key rule laid by the Supreme Court can be summed up as follows: If a couple is married under Hindu law, (a) the foreign court that grants divorce must be acceptable under Hindu law; and (b) the foreign court should grant divorce only on the grounds which are permissible under Hindu Law." from page 4 of

http://www.indialegalhelp.com/files/foreigndivorce.pdf

Please let me know if this does not answer your question prior to rating my answer.

I hope this information is helpful.