LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
15277592

Does a father of an unborn child have the right to demand

Customer Question

Does a father of an unborn child have the right to demand safety measures be taken for the birth of his child? Or, can a mother unilaterally decide to have a "natural" child birth, at home, with no trained professionals?
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 19 days ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I have been a licensed attorney for more than 3 decades. Please don't confuse excellent service with a satisfactory outcome based on your wants and desires. I can only explain the law to you---not guarantee that you will be happy with the outcome---any more than a cancer surgeon can guarantee a cure.

My guess is that you were kind of expecting this answer. And while I empathize with your concerns, the "presumed" father of an unborn child has absolutely zero rights of any kind as regards ***** ***** and how the mother cares for herself during pregnancy. I am sorry. The mother can do anything that she wants to do, including giving birth in the woods if she wants to---so a decision to give birth at home unattended by any health care professionals is legal as well----and the presumed father does not have a say in it.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please know that I answer your questions in good faith, providing you with the information that you ask for, and I do that with the expectation that you would act likewise, and rate my service to you. Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help, or you are a subscription customer already. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you. So, please do be sure to rate my service to you. Rating is accomplished by clicking on the rating-stars on your page. Thank you in advance for your positive rating.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug