LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
15277592

Can a Canadian Citizen that used to live in TX cross the

Customer Question

Can a Canadian Citizen that used to live in TX cross the border to go to court if he still owes Child support
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: from Canada to Texas
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: They don't do that in Canada they don't know the rules down in the USA
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm just trying to find out
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.

Good morning,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

The fact that you may have business in a US state court does not grant you special access to enter the US. You must still otherwise qualify to enter the US. Attending court in the US is however a legitimate reason to cross the Canada border into the US if you are otherwise qualified to enter.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please know that I answer your questions in good faith, providing you with the information that you ask for, and I do that with the expectation that you would act likewise, and rate my service to you. Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help, or you are a subscription customer already. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you. So, please do be sure to rate my service to you. Rating is accomplished by clicking on the rating-stars on your page. Thank you in advance for your positive rating.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.

It is possible that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. You can request a call by clicking on the "Call Me" button on your page.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you? Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you.

Thanks in advance for your rating of my service, It is greatly appreciated,

Doug