Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I was wondering if DCFS/CPS can get my phone records with an

Customer Question

I was wondering if DCFS/CPS can get my phone records with an open case?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: California
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I am going through an open case of Domestic violence, I am not the abuser! I am on overnights which means my children should be returned on the next court daye which is January 10th.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 20 days ago.

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry, but I do not understand your question. What are you referring to as "open case?"

Kindly clarify.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I tried to give you an overview of my case. An open case with DCFS is when the kids were removed from parent. Now, I am on my over nights which means I am heading in the right direction. However, I am wondering if DCFS/Social Worker will go through my phone records? At this point and time. I case you are wondering, my case is in regards ***** ***** neglect, domestic violence on my husband's behalf.
Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 20 days ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer. I’m a licensed attorney with 36 years’ experience in family law, appeals, landlord-tenant, and other types of law. I look forward to helping you today.

Please note:This is general information and not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed, and no attorney-client relationship is formed. This is for educational purposes only.

Also – I will be typing my answer for you so I’ll be back in a few minutes – I’d like to review your question for a minute and then I’ll be right back.

In case you're not here, I'll be back again later to check on this.

I understand about an open case but I want to clarify -- this is brought against you, your husband, or both? Thanks!