FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
9540344

I will be seeking a divorce from my wife in Hawaii. I'm

Customer Question

I will be seeking a divorce from my wife in Hawaii. I'm trying to make this simple. Any advice in preparing? This is something we will be seeking mutually.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Hawaii
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Nothing yet. I'm trying to get past Christmas first then I will pursue this.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I will be seeking custody of my 12 year old son.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 2 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

If you both agree and on ALL the terms and conditions of the divorce, the division of the martial assets and debts and child custody, then it should be a fairly easy process. I say this because nothing will be contested and all the paper work needs to be submitted to the court and there may be one or two appearances. The clerk of court in the family division should have the forms for you to fill out and file to start the process, so as long as she cooperates, just make sure everything is disclosed and disposed on in the pleadings, so she can not come back and claim or say she did not know about something and had she know,it would have changed things.

Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 month ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!