Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

A single female friend has asked me to be a sperm donor for

Customer Question

A single female friend has asked me to be a sperm donor for her. She has a hand written agreement stating that I will have no involvement with the child. I am ok with this. Am concerned with the possibility of any repercussions at a later date form her or the state if she ever files for help raising the child.
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: She lives in Arkansas. I live in Mississippi
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No. We haven't met yet. She was asking for me to come over today to read over agreement and leave a sample for her to use.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of. She is 20 or 21 years old. I am 29. I don't know if that matters.
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 18 days ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

For your protection, it is strongly suggested that you retain an Attorney who handles paternity issues to generate the agreement or you to sign. You should NEVER sign an agreement of this sort not generated by an Attorney . If not handled properly, you could be liable for child support in the future. So, you need to be very careful with this arrangement.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.

Would it change anything if the document was noterized?

No. Unless an Attorney who handles paternity issues prepared the agreement, it is strongly suggested that you do not sign the agreement.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.

Ok. Thank you

You are quite Welcome!

Kindly take a minute and use the popup screen to give a 5-star rating to my response so that I can receive proper credit for addressing your concerns. There is no additional cost to you for giving a 5-star rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.