Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Is there any Colorado civil court presidence where they

Customer Question

Is there any Colorado civil court presidence where they showed "Just Cause" to open a Sealed Criminal File?
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 20 days ago.

Hi! I'm Heather. I've been a practicing attorney for the last 15 years, and I'd be happy to assist you for informational and educational purposes.

Thank you for asking for me! What type of criminal file is it, why is it sealed, and what are the reasons for unsealing it? Can you answer this so that I can better assist you?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
It was a Forging Scripts for Pain Killers. Completion of Deferred Sentence. To show courts past criminal history, they were committing the crimes with a child in there care.

The actual criminal conviction should not be sealed. Are you saying that there is a conviction and it has been sealed? Or was the person just charged, and then not convicted? Or has the record been sealed through expungement, and you want to open up the expunged records?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
As far as I know it was all sealed. I put in a motion to have it opened and was told I had to present Just Cause.