Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My ex-wife not obligating our divorce decree on making

Customer Question

Good morning, my ex-wife not obligating our divorce decree on making carnote payments on the car car she is driving that is in my name. She is making late payments since that is damaging my credit. What can I do to get the car out of my name.?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in? What confuses you?
Customer: Houston Texas [ Harris county ]
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Divorce was in September 2014
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: If she is 2 months late on the carnote, I may repossess the vehicle. Now she is 3 months late . I had a 2 month extension to the carnotes for me by Toyota financial so if she is late it will not affect my credit. She found out about the extension and took it to herself not to pay for 2 months , now been late again. MY credit has dropped.
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 19 days ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Was your ex wife awarded the vehicle in the divorce?