Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I have filed the divorce. I am in NJ. I have a job and my

Customer Question

I have filed the divorce. I am in NJ.I have a job and my husband does not have a job now for many years till now. We are still living in the same apartment. I asked him to move out but he refused.My question is: can I move out one month before my lease ending and leave him in the apt. Then I do not pay his living expenses at all afterwards.Thank you,Shannon
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 26 days ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help if I can. However, I am unclear about your question because I'm not sure what exactly you're trying to find out. You can certainly move out ... i.e., you're not a prisoner in the apartment ... so what are you actually trying to find out? I just want to make sure that I answer your actual question.

Thank you.