RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
18284290

I have two pets I want to list on the FL-160 form, but not

Customer Question

I have two pets I want to list on the FL-160 form, but not sure where to list them at
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes, where to list tools and guns
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 24 days ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. I am reviewing your question and will reply back shortly.

Pets would be listed under "Other Assets." Guns can go on there too. Tools can go there or under "Household furniture, furnishings, appliances." Typically, you can be pretty general with that stuff, like "Assorted living room furniture and tools", or "Assorted handguns." If items are collectible or valuable, I would list them more specifically -"1984 Gold Rolex Watch, Serial Number 12345."

If you need clarification about my answer or additional information, please use the SEND or REPLY button to continue our conversation. Your satisfaction is my goal and I am here to help!

Please remember to kindly leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars, as that is the only way experts are paid for their time even though you may have already paid a deposit to the site. Follow-up questions asked in this thread do not cost anything additional after leaving a positive rating. Thank you!

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Do I list an amount for the pets?

Since pets are considered property, I would list an estimated value (if you can remember what you paid for them for example). Really the FL-160 is a disclosure form so that each spouse has an idea as to the assets and property. No one is holding your feet to the fire if you are not exact as to value.

Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 18 days ago.

Was there some additional information you needed or something I could clarify for you before you leave me a positive rating today, so I am credited for my time and assistance? Thank you.