How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11665
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in Florida. Can I file a petition to establish

Customer Question

I live in Florida. Can I file a petition to establish paternity so my husband will have to adhere to a time sharing plan so I can work?
JA: Have you thoroughly reviewed the contract?
Customer: Yes
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: A para legal with a Legal Aid service advised this petition instead of dissolution. There is a check mark for paternity established as a matter of law-I think this is a way for Florida residents to have separation and child custody/support arrangements without dissolution. Thoughts?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Thats it
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Can you please clarify what you mean by time sharing plan? As in? And does the father agree to this as well, or not?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
We may need to talk live. The Parental Plan I have filled out in full has to be attached to a petition and I do not yet want to file of Dissolution of marriage petition yet...I will if I have to...
Expert:  Ely replied 5 months ago.
Can you provide me with a little more detail?