RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
8534270

I am the respondent of an annulment case, filed in CA. I

Customer Question

I am the respondent of an annulment case, filed in CA. I actually wanted to end the marriage so I did not respond to the case. Recently, I received two forms, FL-180 and FL-190. FL-180 has the following statement:"The court orders, good cause appearing, judgment of nullity is entered. The parties are declared to be single persons on the groud of XXX."FL-190 stated that:"You are notified that the following judgment was entered: nullity."Both forms are signed by the judicial official/court clerk. My question is: are these forms final judgement granting the annulment case? If so, does my marriage terminate on the date when the forms are filed?Please answer only if you are familiar with the California family law and give explanations to your answer.
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 23 days ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Yes this is correct, the court granted the annulment using these forms and the marriage is ended.An annulment is a good outcome for you it leaves you single and there are no property issues since the marriage was voided.You are single and free to do whatever you want here.

I appreciate the chance to help you.;Good luck here moving on.