RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
8534270

I have a child support question I filed child support on my

Customer Question

I have a child support question I filed child support on my child's father several years back but we have gotten back together since then and plan on getting married. How does our marriage impact his child support?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not sure what that means. We attempted to get the case dismissed, I am forgiving the arrears owed to me, but after that there is still a medical cost from when he received Medicaid several years back, it was not accepted because we filed in a different county We now have court next month
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I believe that is all :)
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 month ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Once you remarry here you need to advice the Attorney Generals office that you have done so.They should wipe out any existing child support order.The arrears since medicaid was involved are still owing and he will have to keep paying them back.But they should end current support by amending orders, in theory he will still be supporting the child and you by the remarriage.But he will still owe on the arrrears, hopefully he can pay that off in payments and be free of all of this.Just make sure the AG resolves the orders by amending them to remove the current support payment.Send them a copy of your license once you remarry and that should take care of it.

Congrats on the remarriage.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.

Call them you may need to make in person appointment to make sure this gets corrected and current support ends.

Austin Central

***** Elmo Rd, Bldg 2, Ste 225
Austin, TX###-##-####/p>

1-***-***-****