Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My ex had someone tow company illegally enter in my secured

Customer Question

my ex had someone tow company illegally enter in my secured garage and take my car
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: ca
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: i literally have been trying to find a finance company to approve me because he's saying the only way i can get the car is if i take over the payments or cover the amount that he owes since it isn't paid off
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: the car was gifted to me two years ago as a xmas gift and the car was in my possession since then he has never had possession of the car even though it was in his name he told me that he would pay it off and give me the pink slip
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: aslo he stated the car was behind in payments the same day he tried to come take my car with his gf in my parking garage which i never had any prior knowledge of and we speak often and he never said anything about him needing money to cover the payments or that it was ever even the issue , even with him giving me money to move into a cheaper apartment the same day he comes and acts as is he asked me prior to give him my car back which is crazy because know his reasoning for all of this is that he is having financial issues and doesn't have money but if offering me money to walk away from my own car .
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
did you guys find a website ?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 24 days ago.

Good morning,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I have been a CA licensed attorney for more than 3 decades.

1. What do you need to know?

2. Did he buy the care for you during the marriage or after you were divorced?

3. Is the CA state care registration in both of your names, or only his name?

Doug