Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

I'm currently a parent through a agency. I have a child

Customer Question

Hi my name is***** and I'm currently a foster parent through a Foster agency. I have a child who's level of care was dropped from moderate to basic. the level of care was change in April which my agency did not inform me of the change and continue to reimburse me from April to August. In September when I received my reimbursement check they went back and readjust payments for April, May, June, July and August. Can they do that when they were fully aware of the change in April.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes in April I tried to transfer to another Agency because of lack of support and inconsistency only to be blackballed. To date I have tried to apply with three other Agency once they contact my current agency and the give a poor review. I have been advised by the Children CPS caseworkers to try and find another agency because they want there kids in my home but want do so because of my current agency
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 23 days ago.

I understand your concern but yes they can retroactively correct an administrative error.

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 20 days ago.

If you have no further questions a positive rating would be greatly appreciated