Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I had separation papers drawn up by a lawyer in Asheville,

Customer Question

I had separation papers drawn up by a lawyer in Asheville, NC. I'm positive she did not file them for she gave me the original and has a copy. She also drew up a Free Trader agreement for us. My husband and I possibly may make reconciliation. Is there anything I need to do if no separation papers were filed through the Register of deeds? The Free trader agreement has but not the separation. Thanks
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: NC
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: As far as???
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 24 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me if your husband would be willing to sign a document nullifying the free trader agreement?

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Probably! Also let me say I just sent a email to customer service that I do not want to participate in a trial period and be charged anything else on my card. I'm sorry I thought this would just be a one time question answer kind of deal. I appreciate your time but don't want to continue for I can not afford this.
Expert:  Ely replied 24 days ago.
you wish to cancel your question, you mean?
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
please and again I'm so sorry for the misunderstanding! I thought this was just a quick question answer thing did not realize I would have to have an account and trial period. I can't afford that! Sorry again. Can my card be refunded the $31?
Expert:  Ely replied 24 days ago.
Sure. I'll send this to customer service for the refund.