Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney-at-Law
66887675

DIVORCED MOTHER OF 1 CHILD, I LOST FULL PARENTAL OF MY

Customer Question

I AM A DIVORCED MOTHER OF 1 CHILD, I LOST FULL PARENTAL OF MY DAUGHTER DUE TO OTHER ISSUES I HAD GOING ON. THERE WERE MANY CLAUSES IN MY DIVORCE GOR ALOCOHOL TESTING TWICE A WEEK AT $65 AND I JUST THOUGHT IT TO BE RIDICULUS, THAT I test AND HE NOT. SO I FELL OFF THE WAGON AND OT 3 DUI'S, NONE OF WHICH HAD INVOLVED MY DAUGHTER. WHY I AM UPSET IS THAT HE TOLD THE SCHOOL EVERYTHING ABOUT ME, AND THEY ARE SAYING THAT I CANT EVEN GET ON REN-WEB TO LOOK AT HOW HER GRADES ARE DOING, BECAUSE MR. ZEIER DOES NOT FEEL COMFORTABLE WITH THAT, CAN HE DO THAT TO ME? oH AND ALL THE DUI'S CAME AFTER THE DIVORCE.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: az
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: like what would you mean
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
I currently need serious advice, and don't even know if and how this site works. please help
Expert:  Thelawman2 replied 26 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Because you have lost full parental rights of your daughter, the school that you are requesting the grades from has the ability to deny your request without you having any recourse. In order to have recourse and be able to see the grades (and be more involved in your daughter's life), you will need to begin the process of restoring your parental rights in Arizona.

This would involve petitioning the family court for a modification of the order terminating your parental rights. However, this process is extremely complicated and you will need to hire a local family attorney who can look at your case and help you through this process. Most of these family law attorneys will provide a free half hour consultation to look at your case and give you a general view on what you can do and how they can help you. It is easy to find a local family law attorney simply by searching online.

Without restoring your parental rights, the only other way to be more involved is to try to discuss this issue with the person who currently has parental rights; however, as is often the case, I suspect that there probably isn't a good relationship between you two.

I hope this has at least been helpful. If so, please provide positive feedback and feel free to ask additional questions after providing a positive rating.