How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawyerDavid Your Own Question
LawyerDavid, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 269
Experience:  Highly experienced attorney Commercial Law, Litigation, Intellectual Property Law, and Family Law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
LawyerDavid is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I get an ex parte dismissed if the judge says no

Customer Question

How do I get an ex parte dismissed if the judge says no
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawyerDavid replied 4 months ago.

James: it is unclear what you were trying to dismiss when you say "ex parte". Did the Judge grant an order ex parte without your ability to respond to whatever was being argued? Was a case filed to take something away from you or you have to do something by order of the Judge. You may be able to appeal an order if you are within the time frame to do so, or if it is a lawsuit and the Judge will not dismiss it you will have to defend the case. They system is set up for all claims to be heard in court even if you believe the case does not have merit. I hope this helps and please follow up with any additional information. I will also offer you a call if you want as it may be much easier to talk through your issue by phone to get you a full answer. All the best, David.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It was an ex parte filed by my wife and it is in full effect a standing order she tried to go to the judge to get it dismissed and he told her no I was not able to appear for the ex parte because I was in jail over the same situation and they never took me out to go to court
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
In the agreement 4 my question asked the advertisement said if I was not satisfied with my answer I didn't have to pay so please try to answer this question appropriately
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok thank you..waiting for response
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Please respond
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have been waiting for a satisfactory answer to my question for 4 days and your dad tells me I should only have to wait 24 hours so please refund me for what I paid you

Related Family Law Questions