Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience
19958803

Thank you for being there. and I have a situation I would

Customer Question

Hello, and thank you for being there. My name is ***** ***** I have a situation I would like to solve and know my rights.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Florida
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No. I got married 6 weeks ago, after a turbulent relationship. I was very pushed to get married. I have two children form a previous marriage 10 years ago.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Well, that I want to get divorced for irreconcibable differences, and want to leave the house we live in together and want to know what is the law regarding me leaving and taking my furniture with me.
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 26 days ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

If you were to divorce after such a brief time, then anything that you brought into the marriage, you would take with you when it ended. So if the furniture was your personal property, it remains so and your spouse has no claim to it.

.

.

.

.

thansk

Expert:  Barrister replied 26 days ago.

So anything that you brought in, you take with you. If you purchased things together, then those would be divided up in the divorce..

.

.

thanks